Image Map

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My New Home Office Progress and an Ikea Hack

When we moved into our new home, we gained a space for a dedicated home office. Since I spend the most in our home office, my hubs has given me free reign to design it. I have some really big plans for the office, which include some custom white built in bookcases as well a fabulous new desk. Maybe something like this one...

Unfortunately, bringing my vision for the office to life requires quite a bit of $$$. Since we don't have that kind of cash to spend right now, I've taken on the challenge of making the home office a place that I love to spend time in without spending a lot of money on it. 

After seeing all of the fabulous IKEA Vittsjo hacks out there in Blogland, I knew that doing a Vittsjo hack of my own would be the perfect way to add some storage and pizzaz to the office. 

So off to IKEA we went to pick one up. Once we got it home, I lovingly asked my hubby to assemble it. Here is a picture of him putting it together. He is such a good sport to help me with all of my projects. I am a lucky girl!

 After the assembly was complete, I took it outside to spray it with a coat of white primer. 

 After the primer dried, I finished my Vittsjo hack off with a couple of coats of silver metallic spray paint. 
Here is the finished product...

 I love the way it turned out. It looks great in my office and is completely functional at the same time.
Here are few shots of my office as it currently looks...



I am loving how my budget office has turned out so far. Not bad for an office that houses an inexpensive World Market desk, an IKEA hack and an old filing cabinet that has been made over with some O'verlays!